Starting any anti-inflammation diet you need to begin with a great source of water. Use filtered with minerals or spring water for drinking and cooking. Unfiltered water may have heavy metals and other toxins that will work against anti-inflammatory diet. Drink at least 1 Qt of water for every 50 lbs of weight per day.
The types of foods you buy are important for anti-inflammatory diet. Try to buy organic food if your budget permits.
When buying your anti-inflammatory foods always READ labels. Stay away from hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils and always stay away from trans fats.
- Proteins – use eggs, organic chicken or turkey, wild caught fish, lamb, occasional red meat.
- Vegetables – use raw as much as possible, steamed, or lightly sauteed.
- Fruits – use fresh, organic and raw.
- Salt and spices – use sea salt or Herbamare (great seasoning of salt with herbs).
- Good Fats – no margarine, raw butter(if you can get it), almond butter, walnuts, avocado, extra virgin coconut oil, olive oil and walnut oil.
- Complex Carbohydrates – use only whole grains and organic grains like brown rice, millet), sweet potatoes, beans and legumes.
- Dairy – try to stay away if you can’t find raw dairy. Or at least use organic, antibiotic and hormone free. Stay away from sugary yogurts. Goat’s or sheep’s milk are much closer to human milk by structure, so try using these instead of cow’s milk.